One of the easiest and quickest ways to scale down on your spending and save a couple of extra bucks every month is to stop eating out. Before adopting a frugal lifestyle we totally ordered in or ate out at least 3-4 times per week. So, at the end of the month we were spending nearly $1000 on top of our grocery spending. Crazy hunh?
I totally get the appeal of eating out or ordering in too. I get that it’s convenient, easy and can taste better than some meals we put together at home. What I also understand is that eating out can become a bad habit if you’re not careful. Turning to the convenience of ordering take out because you’re strapped for time, haven’t done grocery or don’t feel like cooking can cost you a pretty penny if you’re not mindful. If you’re eating out from time to time that’s fine. But, when you really can’t afford to and your budget is failing because of it ,then it becomes a pretty serious financial problem ya know?
So, here are some delicious and relatively easy to make copy cat recipes you can make at home. Sure, they require the investment of some time and planning but they are just as good (if not better) than the original versions and will cost you literally a fraction of the cost to prepare for your family.
21 Copy Cat Recipes That are Better Than The Take-Out
1. Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup via Shugary Sweets
2. Chili’s Chicken Enchilada Soup via Lil’ Luna
3. Copycat Red Lobster’s Crab Alfredo via All She Cooks
4. Copycat KFC Chicken via Pink When
5. Panda Express Orange Chicken via Dinner Then Dessert
6. Copycat Chick-Fil-A Chicken Nuggets via Damn Delicious
7. Copycat McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets via CDKitchen
8. Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Vino Bianco via The Slow Roasted Italian
9. Chipotle Copycat Pork Carnitas via The Slow Roasted Italian
10. Copycat Panda Express Chow Mein via Eat Cake For Dinner
11. Copycat White Castle Sliders via Cincy Shopper
12. Copycat PF Chang’s Mongolian Beef via Spicy Southern Kitchen
13. Copycat Wendy’s Chili via Raining Coupons
14. Long John Silver’s Fish Batter via Genius Kitchen
15. Panda Express Sweet Fire Chicken Copycat via Damn Delicious
16. Hooter’s Buffalo Wings via Genius Kitchen
17. Alice Springs Chicken Outback Steakhouse Copycat via Center Cut Cook
18. Copycat Pizza Hut Original Pan Pizza via CD Kitchen
19. Steak n Shake Copycat Frisco Melts via Jam Hands
20. Arby’s Beef n Cheddar Copycat Sandwiches via Oh Sweet Basil
21. Cheesecake Factory Copycat Creamy Sun dried Tomato Fettuccine via Table For Two
If you enjoyed this post and want to come back to it later, pin it to Pinterest for future reference! I’d be beyond appreciative if you help me spread the word!
A Few More This Tiny Blue House Posts You Might Enjoy
- 10 Clever Hacks to Eat Healthy For Less Money
- 5 Grocery Shopping Tips That Will Save You Money
- Lazy Weeknight Dinners: 11 Family Friendly Meals That Even The Kids Will Love
- 30 Deliciously Cheap Crock Pot Meals
- Reduce Food Waste By Freezing These 25 Surprising Foods
- How Brewing the Best Cup of Coffee Saves You Thousands
- A Weeks Worth of Frugal Meals Via A Thyme And Season
- 20 Cheap & Healthy Snacks For The Whole Family
I Want To Hear From You!
What are a few of your favorite copy cat recipes?