This post contains affiliate links. For more information please read my disclosure.
Welcome to our page that is devoted to all our money making and saving hacks.
Below you’ll find a collection of all our very favorite posts about making extra money, side hustling and saving more money every month. We love making extra money and saving as much as we can. So, we compiled this list to share our tips and tricks.
Money matters! And, here at This Tiny Blue House we love to experiment and explore new ways to make extra money every month. Making extra money and saving more can easily help you get out of the cycle of living paycheck-to-paycheck, pay debt down faster, save for special events and much more.
So, whether you’re looking to scale back your monthly spending or find a side hustle that will make you some extra cash you’ll find a ton of ideas to get you started below!
Ways To Make Extra Money Every Month
Here are our favorite ideas about making extra income and side hustling. Our blog is our main way of making extra money and it generates thousands every month. But, there are many different ways to make extra money every month. So, there’s an excellent opportunity available to just about anyone who is looking to make a little extra money every month from taking on a side hustle.
- 70+ ways to earn an extra 100$ per day
- 15 DIY projects to make and sell in the spring and summer for cash
- 6 legitimate work from home jobs for moms
- The ultimate guide to starting a profitable blog for beginners
- 5 easy ways to supplement your income from home
- The best no nonsense guide to making money with a blog
- Free 5 Day Email Course for starting and making money with a blog for beginners
- Use Izea to make extra money with your social media accounts
- 12 easy ways to make extra money with your clutter
- Earn daily rewards and free gift cards by using MyPoints when you shop
- 35 legitimate ways to make extra money online
- 50 side hustles that you can start right now
- Make $1000 or more per month by teaching english online
- 5 simple ways to host an epic garage sale
- Earn free gift cards and rewards for shopping online by using cashback apps like Swagbucks
- 18 DIY Christmas ornaments you can make and sell
- 10 best ways to earn free amazon gift cards online
- Use ShareASale to make extra income with affiliate marketing on your website or social media
Ways To Save Extra Money Every Month
If you’re looking to save some extra money every month here our our favorite hacks and tips to save. You’ll find tips and tricks to save money, budget, manage overspending and clever ideas to save a little extra in ways you may have never thought of.
- 16 thrifty living tips for the newly frugal
- Save on a costly gym membership by using Aaptiv that provides premium fitness content
- 7 best ways to start a blog on a budget
- 10 easy changes to live a more frugal lifestyle
- 50+ free kindle e-books to save on books
- 5 must try grocery hacks to save money on food
- Save money on costly and unanticipated home repairs and emergencies with Choice Home Repair
- 10 small changes you can make to save extra money right now
- How to start and be successful at a no spend challenge this year
- 4 painless ways to stay motivated to save more money
- Save on travel including flights, hotels, vacations, cruises and car rentals with Booking Buddy
- 99 crazy simple ways to save extra money every month
- 50+ free or nearly free date night ideas to save money
- 5 effective strategies to overcome overspending
- Save money while you shop online with Dollar Dig
- 3 tips to have a blast with your kids in the summer on a budget
- 12 realistic things to cut our of your budget every month
- 8 easy ways to budget for a baby without going broke
- Make your home cost efficient and safe with Smart Home
- 20 free budget printables to take control of your finances
- 6 genius ways to fix a failing budget
- 10 clever hacks to eat healthy for less money
- How brewing your own coffee can save you thousands every year
- Maximize your tax refund by using TurboTax for filing your income tax
- How to host an epic kids birthday party on a budget
- 25 easy ways to reduce food waste and save money on grocery
- 8 clever ways to save on grocery when you’re vegan
- 8 simple frugal living tips you have to try this year
- 10 easy hacks to save on utilities in the winter
- How to easily save $1000 when you’re living paycheck-to-paycheck
- 8 easy ways to save money on back to school shopping
- 5 easy ways to save thousands every year by brown bagging your lunch
- How to build a stockpile and save tons of cash every year
- The ultimate guide to saving money by buying used
- 6 super cheap at home spa hacks
- 100 simple ways to save money this year
- 17 fabulous free date nights perfect for fall
- How to save money every month by bartering
Our Favorite Ways To Make Extra Money Every Month
Our blog This Tiny Blue House started off as a hobby blog and now makes thousands of dollars every month. Our 2 year old blog is now a 6 figure business that started off as a great way to make a little extra money every month and quickly grew into a 6 figure business.
Blogging has given us financial freedom, allowed us to remain 100% debt free and most importantly spend time doing the things we love most.
Starting our blog is the best decision we ever made. Every month the blog earns more and more and we couldn’t be happier. We have big plans for the blog moving forward and know that our earning potential will only continue to increase.
We host our blog with Bluehost. They are a great company that offer affordable rates for new bloggers along with great quality support. We’ve been working with them since we created our blog and couldn’t be happier. Bluehost costs as little as $2.95 per month for hosting and they give you a free domain name to get you started. We highly suggest that anyone looking to create a blog, professional website or small business trust their hosting needs to Bluehost like we do. In our opinion it’s the best quality hosting around at the most affordable price.
Posts related to starting a blog and making money with it:
- How to easily start your blog with Bluehost in under 30 minutes for as low as $2.95 per month
- Free 5 day start a blog email course that walks you through the process of starting a blog and making money with it
- 7 best ways to start a blog on a budget
- A no nonsense guide to making money with your blog even if you’re new
- Where to find sponsored posts as a blogger even if you’re a beginner
#2 Teaching English Online
If you’ve got experience working with kids and a university degree you can easily make $1000 per month teaching english online to kids around the world.
Here are our favorite online teaching companies that provide flexible hours and hourly wages up to $22 per hour.
- VIPKid: VipKid offers an amazing work from home opportunity where you can earn up to $22 per hour for teaching English online to kids in China. To get more information about VIPKid and start the application click here.
- QKids: Qkids connects 300,000+ Chinese young learners between 4 – 12 years old with thousands of Online Teachers to create an amazing learning environment. QKids is a great work from home opportunity that pays up to $20 per hour. To get more information about QKids and start the application process click here.
- EF Education First: Open to US and UK residents only, EF Education First has been helping people around the world learn English. They offer flexible schedules and a rate of up to $16 per hour. To get more information about EF Education First and start the application process click here.
#3 Survey Sites
Online surveys are another great way to supplement your income from home. They may not pay as much as blogging or teaching online but every little bit counts. Survey sites are a great way to supplement your income while you grow a new blog. To maximize the amount of supplemental income you make it’s always a good idea to sign up for a few of these opportunities.
Here are a few of our favorite survey sites to earn rewards, cashbacks and free gift cards
- My SoapBox –Let your consumer voice be heard and earn gift cards in return for answering surveys and sharing feedback about the things you use, buy, and do every day. To get more information or to sign up and start earning with my SoapBox click here to be taken to their site.
- Maru Voice Canada –If you’re a Canadian resident over the age of 18 Maru Voice Canada is a survey site that allows people to take part in surveys and discussions that will influence the brands, products, and services we all use every day. By completing surveys you are rewarded with points that can be redeemed into gift cards including visa gift certificates and gift cards for major retailers. To get more information and start the sign up process to become a member of Maru Voice Canada click here to be taken to their registration page.
- Springboard America If you’re an American resident over the age of 18 Spring Board America is a survey site that rewards you for filling out online surveys and sharing your opinions. By completing surveys and taking part in discussions you are rewarded with points that you can cash out into gift cards for some of your favorite retailers. To get more information or to start the sign up process and join Springboard America click here to be taken to their website.
- Maru Voice UK Exclusively for UK residents over the age of 18. Maru Voice UK allows you to collect points for surveys and projects you complete and then you can redeem them once your account reaches a certain balance. Some of the options for redeeming your point balances include iTunes and Amazon gift cards along with gift cards in $10 denominations for many popular retailers. If Maru Voice UK interests you please click here to be taken to their site where you can get more information about their program and start the sign up process to start earning supplemental income.
- Swagbucks Swagbucks is the leading online rewards site that gives free gift cards to its members for their online activities. You can earn points when you shop at your favorite retailers, watch entertaining videos, search the web, answer surveys and find great deals. Then, once you accumulate points you can redeem them for gift cards to your favorite retailers like Amazon and Walmart or get cash back from Paypal. If you don’t already have a Swagbucks account click here to be taken to their site so you can start the super simple registration process.
Our Favorite Ways To Save Money Every Month
#1 Using Cash Back Apps
We love stretching every dollar as far as we can. So, using cash back apps to earn rewards and free gift certificates is one of our favorite ways to save extra money every month.
Since we buy basic items every month we prefer to shop online and get cashbacks and rewards for our spending. Our favorite cashback and reward apps include Swagbucks, Dollar Dig and MyPoints. These apps allow you to earn rewards that you can cash in for free gift certificates.
#2 Creating A Stockpile
To save a ton of money we stockpile. Our stockpile includes cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, personal hygiene products and some food items. Never paying full price allows us to save a ton of money every month. One of our favorite ways to score awesome sales is to use CouponSurfer to combine coupons with store deals. This way we can save even more money on already reduce items.
#3 Buying Used
Whenever possible we like to buy used to save money. This includes clothing, toys for our daughter, household goods and anything else that we need and know we can find on the used market. Buying used is an excellent way to save a ton of money every month!
So, I hope you enjoyed all our money making and saving tips and tricks.
This post will be updated with new ideas as we create them so it would be a good idea to bookmark this page or pin it to Pinterest.
Pinning is easy, just click on the pinterest image and save it to your favorite Pinterest board so you can revisit this post as needed.