Did you know that world kindness day is November 13th?
So, in honor of world kindness day we wanted to share some of our favorite random acts of kindness that you can incorporate into your life.
Random acts of kindness are a part of our day to to day life and we hope that this list will encourage you to make random acts of kindness the norm in your life too.
We’re big fans of random acts of kindness. We love taking part in random acts of kindness because they are an easy and really effective way to spread kindness. Random acts of kindness are the best way create and spread joy and happiness. So, we love taking part as often as we can.
With that in mind, here are 101 random acts of kindness that are perfect for spreading happiness and joy in your life.
101 Best Random Acts Of Kindness
- Say hello to strangers you meet. Next time you cross someone on the street say Hello!
- Buy a stranger a coffee.
- Let a person pass in front of you at the grocery store.
- Offer to help carry someone’s groceries to their car.
- Pump gas for someone.
- Offer words of encouragement in an online forum. Take a few minutes out of your day to offer a total stranger some support.
- Donate diapers and wipes to an organization for teen moms.
- Give a compliment.
- Call your mom.
- Then, call your grandma.
BEST Random Acts Of Kindness
- Leave words of encouragement on a post-it note in the work bathroom.
- Send cards to hospitalized kids with words of encouragement.
- Bake cookies and share them with neighbors.
- Offer to buy groceries for a family in need.
- Visit someone who is sick.
- Write your employee a letter of appreciation and tell them how much their work means to you.
- Donate gently used clothing and home goods to a local community organization.
- Leave a paid parking stub on someone’s windshield.
- Shovel your neighbors driveway the next time it snows.
- Say good morning to the person standing next to you in line.
SMALL Random Acts Of Kindness
- Pass along the book you just finished reading.
- Leave a generous tip the next time you go out for dinner.
- Bring a box of goodies to the office and share with your coworkers.
- Pay the toll for the driver behind you.
- Open and hold the door for the person behind you.
- Top up an expired meter so a stranger can avoid getting a parking ticket.
- Organize a potluck.
- Tutor a student who needs help.
- Donate school supplies to a local school.
- Share the fruits of your garden with someone.
THOUGHTFUL RANDOM Acts Of Kindness
- Forgive a debt and never speak of it again.
- Babysit for a single mom for free.
- Help a mom carry her stroller up the stairs.
- Offer someone your pen.
- Invite someone who is alone to your Christmas dinner so they can have a joyous holiday.
- Invite a friend over for coffee and just listen.
- Welcome a new neighbor to the neighborhood with a big smile and a wave.
- Offer to do grocery for someone who can’t get to the store.
- Be a child’s secret Santa at Christmastime and buy them something from their wish list.
- Give up your seat on the subway to a stranger.
EASY RANDOM Acts Of Kindness
- Foster animals.
- Apologize to someone you’ve hurt.
- Send your kid’s teacher a random gift and thank you note for their hard work.
- Pay for someone’s cab fair.
- Leave change on a vending machine so someone can get some free food.
- Leave money near a wishing fountain.
- Make someone laugh.
- Smile at someone just because they’ll smile back.
- Donate books to a local library or school.
- Ask for donations instead of birthday gifts this year.
- Give a lottery ticket to a stranger and wish them luck!
MEANINGFUL RANDOM Acts Of Kindness
- Donate towels and blankets to an animal shelter.
- Donate food to a local food bank in your area.
- Call someone you haven’t spoken to in a long time and let them know you are thinking of them.
- Turn off your phone and color with your kids.
- Cook a busy friend a meal to make their weeknight easier.
- Mow someone’s lawn after mowing your own.
- Treat someone to a mani or pedi.
- Donate your hair after a hair cut.
- Pay for someone’s parking.
- Compliment a perfect stranger.
- Volunteer at a local children’s hospital.
FEEL GOOD RANDOM Acts Of Kindness
- Pack two lunches and share one with someone.
- Leave quarters at the laundromat so someone gets a free wash.
- Read books to the elderly.
- Serve your partner breakfast in bed.
- Rake your neighbors leaves after raking your own.
- Give the gift of a cleaning service to someone who’s having a hard time managing everything.
- Give money to a busker.
- Buy a gift for a kid in foster care.
- Ask your server how their day is going.
- Listen to the next person who opens up to you.
- Treat someone to popcorn and a movie.
MUST TRY RANDOM Acts Of Kindness
- Donate boots and other snow gear to a shelter.
- Hug someone who needs it.
- Donate toys to a shelter.
- Send flowers to someone who needs a pick me up.
- Pick up litter.
- Walk your neighbors dog.
- Serve food at a shelter.
- Make hot chocolate for your family on a cold day.
- Feed birds.
- Let someone cut in line.
FUN RANDOM Acts Of Kindness
- Share your umbrella when it rains.
- Support a local business and buy local.
- Buy a kid an ice cream.
- Give a stranger a gift card you aren’t going to use.
- Hold the elevator for someone.
- Start a GoFundMe for someone in need.
- Help someone with a flat tire.
- Offer to return a strangers shopping cart.
- Write positive messages in sidewalk chalk.
- Send someone a handwritten letter.
SIMPLE RANDOM Acts Of Kindness
- Get up before the kids and make them a special breakfast.
- Don’t gossip.
- Plant a tree.
- Make a diy birdfeeder.
- Be a friend to the new person at work/school.
- Paint inspiration rocks and leave them around your neighborhood.
- Take part in Pack A Backpack for children.
- Tell your kid why you’re proud of them.