Looking for a fun and creative way to have your little one count down the number of days until their birthday?
Here is a free printable birthday countdown calendar perfect for ticking the days off until their special day.
Printable Birthday Calendar Countdown
Birthdays are kind of a big deal in these parts.
Let’s face it, we love planning birthday parties and creating birthday traditions for kids that we know they will love.
We just love creating fun ideas for celebrating a child’s big day and wishing them a Happy Birthday.
From fun printable birthday games like pin the nose on the clown and birthday bingo to birthday word search and birthday charades we love creating fun games and activities that make kids feel extra special at their birthday party and on their birthday.
And, nothing helps make the days leading up to a birthday more special than a colorful birthday countdown calendar.
Our printable birthday countdown calendar is such a fun way to help young kids count down to their birthday party (which in their eyes is the big event of the year right?).
So, we are thrilled to share a festive way to countdown to your child’s birthday or birthday party with you today.
Continue reading to find out how to download your free calendar templates and some tips and tricks for getting the best results out of our printable birthday countdown calendar.
Printable Birthday Countdown Calendar For Kids
We know kids well. So, we definately know that as soon as they enter their birth month they start asking questions like “how many days until my birthday?” or “is it my birthday yet?” on repeat.
So, what better way to help them keep track of when it will be their special day than a birthday calendar countdown?
Our free printable birthday countdown calendar is a great way for your little one to get even more excited about their upcoming birthday or party.
It is an easy way to help them countdown to their birthday.
Alternatively, you can even use it to help your child remember other important or special dates like a family member’s birthday celebration or a parent’s birthday.
Birthday countdown calendars are also a great activity for busy moms and educators who are looking for fun ideas to add a bit of sparkle to their little one’s party planning.
It will help the days leading up to the party feel extra special and provide a visual cue to when their big day will come.
So, we created 2 fun printable templates for you to pick from.
Each countdown calendar template functions something like a holiday advent calendar. Kids can check off, color, mark stamp or put a sticker on the blank space that each day offers as they count down to their birthday.
How To Use
Our free printable birthday countdown calendar is simple to use. And, we’ve created two adorable countdown calendars to pick from to give you some options.
First, download the PDF of the type of template (instant download links found below) you plan to use.
Print out your printable birthday countdown calendar and then hang it in a visible area in your home where your child has easy access to mark off the days until their birthday or birthday party.
We suggest using a double thick card stock paper that is better quality and more resistant to little hands so that our printable birthday countdown calendar lasts 30 days.
Each day your little one can mark off the days until their birthday with a marker, stamp or sticker.
You can even have your child decorate each box on their printable birthday countdown calendar with glitter, crayons and markers or even use the countdown calendar to practice counting from one to thirty.
Here are some of our favorite ways to mark off each day on the calendar:
- Color – Have your little one color in each box on our printable birthday countdown calendar with a marker as the days go by. They can even draw a little picture that describes their day.
- Stickers – Let your child pick out their favorite stickers to mark off each day as it passes.
- Glitter – A bit of sparkle goes a long way! Have your little ones add glitter to make their printable birthday countdown calendar even more special.
- Stamps – Let your little one pick out their favorite stamp and mark off each day as it goes by. (We love this assortment of washable stamps for kids)
What You’ll Need
- Double thick white cardstock: we recommend high quality white paper or super thick cardstock for the best result. You can print our free printable birthday countdown calendar on colored paper but be aware that the colors in the design will be less vibrant.
- Color printer: we recommend printing our printable countdown calendar in color to enjoy the festive and vibrant colors of the designs.
- Markers: we suggest marking each day with a fun marker. Make it an extra special activity by giving your little one some new markers or crayons to use for the countdown calendar. Alternatively you can use stickers, dot markers, stamps, glitter glue or anything else you can think of to mark off the days. Check out your local dollar or craft store for even more creative options.
Download & Print Instructions
Download the PDF files below by clicking on the download links below.
After clicking, a new window will open containing a birthday countdown template.
Print the PDF file for your printable birthday countdown calendar directly from that window by clicking on the printer icon or select file > print.
You can also save a copy of the printable birthday countdown calendar PDF to your computer and access it later. This is a great option if you’re looking for a birthday calendar template to use year after year.
Each template was created to be printed on standard size 8.5 x 11 inch letter sized paper.
Simply choose your favorite design, print it out on double thick cardstock and get ready for the countdown fun!
Download Files: printable birthday countdown calendar PDF files
Help the birthday girl or birthday boy countdown to the most special day of the year with our free fun printable birthday calendar countdown.
The best part?
Our free printable birthday countdown calendar is easy to use and small enough to hang anywhere in your home as a special reminder that their big day is near!
We hope you have as much fun using this printable birthday countdown calendar as we did creating it!
We’d love to see how you used our blank calendar in creative ways. Feel free to reach out to us through email, in the comments below or via social media to let us know.
We love seeing a birthday idea we create in action!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I print this birthday calendar countdown at home?
Yes, We suggest using a home printer that can print in color. Printing in color is a good idea since fun festive colors were used to create these free templates which really adds to the birthday celebration atmosphere.
Do you have any free printable birthday games?
We sure do. Here are some of our favorites:
- Birthday bingo (most popular)
- Birthday charades
- Birthday word search (best low-key game)
- Pin the nose on the clown (hysterical!)
- Birthday unscramble
- I Spy Birthday
What type of paper should I use?
We recommend using this super thick cardstock for the best result. Thicker paper will be more resistant to little hands and less likely to get ripped or torn as they mark off each day.
Can I alter the printable birthday calendar countdown?
Are there any alternate uses for this birthday countdown calendar?
Yes. Besides using our countdown templates to mark off the days until their own birthday or birthday celebration, children can also use our birthday countdown to mark the days off until other important dates like their friends or family’s upcoming birthdays too.
What can my child use to mark off each day?
Your child can use any type of marker, stamp, sticker or glitter glue to mark off each day until their birthday or special event.
We suggest using washable markers so they don’t stain or create a mess. Alternatively you can use dot markers, stamps, glitter glue or anything else you can think of to mark off the days. Have fun and get creative!
Can I print this birthday calendar countdown out on colored paper?
Yes. You can choose to print the birthday countdown calendar out on colored paper. But, be aware that some of the colors may not be as vibrant as they would be on white paper or cardstock. We recommend printing it out on super thick white cardstock for optimal results.
Can I access a copy of the printable birthday calendar later?
Yes. You can save a copy of the PDF birthday countdown calendar to your computer and access it later. Simply choose your favorite design, print it out on double thick cardstock and get ready for the countdown fun!
More Fun Birthday Ideas For Kids
- Birthday bingo – vibrant and colorful our free printable bingo is a reader favorite. (most popular)
- Birthday charades – a fun birthday themed game kids love playing
- Birthday word search – a classic printable game our birthday word search makes the perfect party activity.
- Birthday word scramble – a fun birthday themed activity for older kids (reader favorite)
- Pin the nose on the clown – if you are looking for something different try our hilarious pin the nose on the clown game! Your kids will thank you!