These adorable Race Car Valentine printable cards are fun for kids to give their friends on Valentine’s Day. They’re a cute way to say Happy Valentine’s day. Just print, cut and attach a toy car to create this neat Valentine card idea.
Race Car Valentine Printable
We love creating free printable Valentine’s cards and non-candy Valentines ideas for kids to distribute at school to their friends on Valentine’s Day.
Whether your kiddos are attending Valentine’s day parties or they simply want to spread a little love around their whole class, our free printables and DIY Valentine cards are a great way to celebrate.
Today, we’re excited to add a “you make my heart race” car valentine printable to our collection of homemade Valentines.
Continue reading to find out what you’ll need to make this fun Valentine and how to make these free printable valentines with our step by step instructions.
In a rush? To get the access link and instant download for these free printable race car valentine cards scroll to the very bottom of this post.
Free Race Car Valentine Printable
This printable Valentine card is a fun craft you can make with your kiddos who want to make their own Valentine cards to share with their friends on Valentine’s day.
These free Valentine’s day cards are perfect for little boys and girls who want to share a cute car themed Valentine with their classmates on Valentines day.
Our free printable race car Valentines are easy to make: print, cut and attach toy race cars to create a cute Valentine your kiddo will be thrilled to hand out to their friends.
A great stand alone Valentine card for kids, this free Race car Valentine printable can also be used as fun little bag toppers for bags of Valentine treats like our Valentine pretzels.
What You’ll Need
Our cute matchbox car Valentine cards require a few crafting supplies that you can easily pick up at your local craft shop, dollar store or online via Amazon.
Here is what we suggest you have handy to create these cute cards:
- Race car valentine printable pdf file (digital file available at the bottom of this post)
- Cardstock or matte photo paper
- Paper cutter or scissors
- Clear double sided tape, decorative Washi Tape or glue dots (optional)
- Single hole punch
- Embroidery floss
- Toy cars (see suggestions and options below)
*Please note that we are a member of the Amazon affiliate advertising program. As a member of the Amazon services llc associates program and an Amazon associate we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you on qualifying purchases made by clicking on affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy for more information.
Toy Car Suggestions
Here are a few fun ideas that you can use as a car topper.
All these great ideas are so much fun and would work well with our race car Valentine printable.
- Hot wheel cars
- Small toy car or trucks made of wood
- Car erasers
- Glow in the dark cars
- Rubber toy cars
How To Make Race Car Valentines
Step 1: Print as many copies of our race car Valentine printable as you need using your home printer.
Please note that each sheet of paper contains two race car Valentine printable cards. This printable was created to be printed on standard size (8.5 X11) paper in landscape orientation.
If you do not have access to a printer at home you can head to a local copy shop. Verify that your printer settings are set to landscape on your computer screen before printing.
Step 2: Use a paper cutter or scissors to cut out each of your race car Valentine printable cards. Cut just outside the dotted line to keep the dotted border intact.
Step 3: Place toy cars in the center of each race car Valentine printable to approximate and visualize its final placement.
Punch holes on either side of the car using a single hole punch. If you don’t have a hole punch available you can use a pencil to gently poke holes through your race car cards.
Step 4: This step is optional but creates a far more secure Valentine card.
Secure your race car to your Valentine card using double sided tape, glue dots or Washi tape.
We used a small piece of double sided tape to hold our race car in place and give it a little extra stability. This may not be necessary if your card is very light.
Step 5: Use pieces of embroidery floss cut into 8 inch lengths to secure your race car to the card. We looped the string through the holes and tied and created a cute little bowl on the front of the card.
We opted to use red embroidery floss but you can use any color you like. You can also opt to use ribbon, twine or colorful string to tie your race car to your homemade Valentine.
Making this hot wheels Valentines was so much fun and is a great DIY craft opportunity for kids in the month of February.
We think it’s the perfect Valentine for younger kids who love playing with and are fascinated by toy cars.
The best part? This adorable race car valentine printable is fun, cute and above all easy to make making it a great choice for beginner crafters and really young kids.
We’d love to see your physical product if you opt to use our race car Valentine printable to create DIY Valentine cards this year.
Happy Valentine’s Day and happy crafting! 💘
More Fun Ideas For Kids
- Play-Doh Valentine – a cute little Valentine card and gift idea for classmates.
- Valentine party snacks – a large collection of Valentine party food ideas you can send to school with your kiddo.
- Valentine’s bingo – free Valentines themed bingo with 24 adorable and unique cards.
- Valentine’s day games – a collection of 9 free printable games for Valentine’s day perfect for home or classroom use.
- Valentine’s day word search – an adorable Valentine’s day themed word search for kids and adults alike.
- Valentine maze – a great zero prep activity for kids around Valentine’s day.
- I Spy Valentine – a fun little Valentine’s themed game for kids. Send a snack to school for your kiddo to distribute to their friends.
- I Spy Super bowl – perfect for kids who love football! This I Spy football is a fun Super bowl activity on game day.
- Valentine pretzel treats – a quick and easy Valentine snack kids love munching on.
- Birthday breakfast ideas – kick off their birthday with one of these extra special birthday breakfast ideas (our most popular food post)
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I modify your race car valentine printable?
Can I use regular printer paper to make these race car Valentines?
You can. But, you’ll have to make a few modifications to this craft to make sure the race car Valentine printable is sturdy enough to support the weight of the toy car.
If you opt to print the race car valentine printable on regular printing paper, the best idea is cutting it out and gluing it to a piece of cardboard or cardstock to make the card sturdier.
This way the final product is less likely to bend or rip when you attach the car.
Do you have other free Valentine card printables and ideas?
We sure do. We have quite a few blog posts devoted to Valentine’s day ideas. We suggest you check out these posts:
- I spy Valentine’s day – a fun little game that your kiddo can play in anticipation of Valentine’s day. Consider sharing the link with your child’s teacher! 😉
- Valentines day word search free printable – love themed word search with fun Valentine’s vocabulary. Great addition to any classroom in anticipation of Valentine’s day.
- Valentine’s day word scramble – kids need to race against the clock to decode these Valentine themed words.
- Valentine’s day maze – a great classroom or home activity for kids who enjoy the challenge of zip zagging their way out of a maze.
- Valentine’s day snacks for classroom parties – perfect for classroom parties for Valentine’s day. These school safe Valentine’s day snacks are sure to be a hit.
- Free printable Play-Doh Valentine cards – another adorable DIY Valentine you can make with your kiddo and share with their classmates.
- Free Valentine’s games – 9 cute free printable games you can use at Valentine’s day themed parties at school or home.
Can I print your race car Valentine printable on white card stock?
Yes you can print our race car Valentines on white card stock. Use high quality bright white cardstock or matte photo paper to create a final product that is beautiful in black and white.
Can I use a glue stick to glue my car to the Valentine card?
We don’t suggest it.
Use double sided tape to stick your car onto your Valentine card.
Otherwise you can also use colorful Washi tape across the front of the card to stick the car to the Valentine card.
In either case we suggest you use a a colorful ribbon, embroidery floss or string to tie the car to the card for extra stability.
Race car Valentine printable download- pdf file (latest version)