A cute Valentines day word search free printable that is a fun way to celebrate the most romantic day of the year. A fun activity for home or classroom use, this printable Valentine’s word search is a lot of fun for kids and people of all ages.
Valentine’s Day Word Search Free Printable
February 14th is right around the corner and I wanted to create a fun Valentine’s day word search puzzle that both adults and kids could enjoy doing to celebrate!
My 2nd grader loves word search puzzle games and has become pretty good at finding hidden words in any type of printable puzzle I give her.
I’d let her complete new types of word puzzles everyday if it means I can keep her off a screen and excited about word games.
Plus, it works on goof stuff like her fine motor skills, spelling skills and visual tracking. Clearly, it’s a total win win situation in our home.
So, I came up with this cute little Valentine’s day word search free printable for some extra holiday fun.
This is a great activity for the whole family including kids of all ages.
This word search puzzle was made using Valentine’s day words like love, chocolate, cupid and sweetheart to make it really fun and festive.
Young children can also get in on the Valentine’s day fun and enjoy the challenge of this Valentines day word search free printable.
Really young kids might need some extra help finding the different words if they find the difficulty level of this puzzle too hard. So, stay close by.
Continue reading to find out a little more information about our free Valentine’s day word search and get the download links for our cute Valentine’s day word search puzzle with an answer key.
In a rush? Scroll to the end of this post to get access to the download links for our Valentines day word search free printable in pdf format + an answer key.
Why We Love This Valentines Day Word Search Free Printable
A Great Group Activity
Our Valentines day word search free printable is a fun group activity that kids can do at school or even at home.
Such a fun little idea for classroom parties or Valentine’s themed parties at home with friends and family.
Kids Feel A Sense of Accomplishment
Children will beam with pride as they find new words in this love word search in honor of Valentine’s day.
Kids love the challenge of finding themed words in the puzzle and will proudly try to race against the clock to be the first to finish.
Screen Free Educational Activity
Keeping kids off a tablet is a huge priority in our house.
We know it isn’t always possible so we’re all about using screens in moderation.
So, free word search puzzles are a great educational way to balance screen time with fun.
Besides these type of puzzles encourage learning new vocabulary, letter recognition and fine motor skills.
Great Low-Prep Activity
If you’re looking for a calming activity for elementary-school-aged children a fun word puzzle is a great choice.
When To Play Free Printable Word Searches
This Valentines day word search free printable would be a great choice in a variety of settings.
Here are few different times we think this easy valentine word search will come in handy:
- As an educational Valentine’s day activity
- During Valentine’s day class parties in elementary school
- At Girl Guide, youth group or scout troop meetings
- During Valentine’s day activities in middle or high school
- During a Valentine’s day party for friends and family
- After a long day where you want to sip a glass of your favorite red and unwind
Alternate Play Ideas
If you’re planning to use these Valentine’s day word search puzzles in the classroom or at a party we have a few fun suggestions for you to make these puzzles even more fun.
Here are a couple of ways to transform our Valentine’s day word search printables into really fun party games.
- Create teams – splitting players into teams instantly boosts the fun. Kids will need to work together to finish the puzzle making it more fun than completing this Valentine’s word search free printable as a solo activity.
- Use a timer – adding a timer quickly turns a word puzzle activity into a fun race against the clock. We suggest this party game cube timer available from Amazon.
- Give winners a prize – give players an incentive to win with some neat Valentine’s themed party game prizes. Candy, chocolate, erasers, fidget spinners and coloring books are a few game prize ideas that kids love.
More Valentine Day Ideas
- Race car Valentine – adorable free race car themed Valentine perfect for sharing with classmates.
- Valentine word scramble – kids need to put letters in the right order to solve this word puzzle.
- Play-Doh Valentine cards – fun printable Valentine cards with an adorable Play-Doh theme.
- Valentine’s Day Bingo – a twist on a classic Bingo game this Valentine themed bingo game is loads of fun for classroom parties
- Free printable Valentine games – a collection of 9 totally free games for Valentine’s day.
- Free printable Valentine maze – a cute little activity perfect for using in school or at home.
- Valentine snack ideas – a fun collection of snack ideas that are a great way to celebrate Valentine’s day in the classroom. Perfect make-ahead snacks you can send to school.
- I Spy Valentine – fun little game that works on memory retention. Pair it with our Valentine’s day word search free printable for a fun assortment of free Valentine’s day activities.
This Valentines day word search free printable was really fun to create and we’re excited to add it do our collection of free printables for Valentine’s day.
We’re planning to print a bunch of copies of this Valentines day word search free printable and use it as a fun party activity at a Valentine’s party we’re hosting with some of our kiddos friends.
If you plan to use our free printable Valentine’s day word search puzzle we’d love to know about it!
Bookmark us and check back soon because we’ve got a cute Valentine’s day word scramble we’re launching next week!
This way, you’ll also find out about new puzzles we publish!
❤️ Happy Valentine’s Day! ❤️
Got a question? Leave us a comment below with your first name and a valid email address so we can get back to you as soon as possible.
More Word Search Printables
Creating word search games is one of our favorite things to do. We’ve created word searches for Valentine’s day to birthday’s and every holiday or event in between. Here are a couple of word search games you can download or bookmark
Birthday word search – a fun little word search game with a birthday theme. A neat little birthday party activity for kids of all ages.
Elf on the shelf word search – perfect for the holiday season this puzzles words are all related to the famous scout elf.
Mardi gras word search – celebrate fat Tuesday with this Mardi Gras themed puzzle.
Camping word search – a fun little puzzle for anyone who enjoy camping!
Christmas word search – we love using this Christmas word search in the days leading up to Christmas. It’s a simple and fun way to boost holiday spirit.
Halloween word search – use it as a brain break for kids in October!
Thanksgiving word search – learn new Thanksgiving vocabulary with this cute Thanksgiving themed word puzzle.
Download Instructions & Links
Our Valentines day word search free printable was created for personal use only.
This means that it can only be used for non-commercial use.
No reproducing, altering or selling of our printables is allowed.
To download simply click on the download link below.
Your download should open in a new window. Each download contains a printable set that includes two pages: a Valentines day word search free printable in addition to an answer key for corrections or if you get stuck.
We highly suggest printing our Valentines day word search free printable on high quality white cardstock or white paper for durability.
Printing in color would also be nice since it was created with colors of Valentine day with themed pictures for some extra fun. This word puzzle wasn’t created as a black and white word search. But, printing in black and white is fine too.
Valentines day word search free printable pdf files – word search puzzle + valentine’s day word search answers
*This post contains affiliate links. Please note that This Tiny Blue House is an Amazon associate. This means that we are a member of Amazon Services LLC associates program. We may make a small commission at no cost to you for qualifying purchases.