Quick and easy to make, these 3-ingredient Valentine pretzel treats are a great choice for Valentines themed classroom parties, potlucks, bake sales, lunch boxes and much more.
Valentine Pretzel Treats
You’ll fall in love with these quick and easy Valentine pretzels.
A perfectly balanced sweet and salty treat, these Valentine pretzel bites are perfect for classroom treats, potlucks, a Valentine’s day party, packed lunches and even munching at the end of a loooong day at the office.
No cook and simple to make these 3-ingredient Valentine treats are a favorite in our home. We whip up a few batches of these Valentines day pretzel treats for friends, classmates and family every February.
Everyone loves munching on the sweet and salty combination of these Valentine’s day pretzels. And, that’s why these quick and easy Valentine pretzel treats never last long in our house!
The best part? These homemade treats come together in under 30 minutes.
They are an easy treat to make and a perfect gift for Valentine’s day that requires zero cooking and can be made with the kids which is always a winner in our books.
Make it a Valentine’s themed party with our free printable Play-Doh Valentine cards, race card Valentines , Valentine unscramble worksheet, Valentine’s day word search , heart maze , Valentine’s Bingo and a free copy of our Valentine’s I Spy game!
Why We Love Valentine Pretzel Treats
Easy – These Valentine pretzel treats are the perfect easy homemade treat. They are a great treat to make with kids!
Tasty – Valentine pretzel treats are really tasty treats and are the perfect treat for anyone who loves sweet and salty combos.
Great Gift Idea – Sweet and salty pretzel treats also make great gifts. Make large batches and gift them to friends, classmates and loved ones for Valentine’s day.
Can be made for any holiday – Change up the color combo of your candy melts and toppings to create festive pretzel treats for other holidays and events.
Great snack – Perfect for snacking all year round. Make and store pretzel treats in an airtight container for a quick and easy snack on the go. They also make a great lunch box snacks for school lunches as well.
- Pretzels – 12 oz bag of mini pretzels or pretzel rods. You can also use square pretzels or large pretzel twists.
- Candy melts – you’ll need 3 oz of white, pink and red candy melts. We love working with Wilton Candy Melts because they are delicious and come in a heaps of gorgeous colors.
- Sprinkles – any type will work so go with your favorite. We used an assorted mix of Valentine’s day toppings including red jimmies, heart wafers, red sparkling sugar and an assortment of pink sprinkles.
- Cookie sheet
- Wax paper or parchment paper
- Microwave-safe bowl – we used 1 bowl for each color of melted candy
Substitute candy melts for white chocolate chips or milk chocolate to create easy chocolate desserts. If you are planning to use softened chocolate use a double boiler to melt your chocolate chips. Have a look at this melted white chocolate in the microwave video for tips on using the microwave to melt chocolate for dipping.
Change Up The Colors
Create perfect festive treats for any holiday or event by switching up the color of your candy melts and sprinkles. Use different colors to create festive pretzel treats for every holiday which is so much fun.
- Halloween – orange and black candy melts + festive Halloween sprinkles
- Christmas – red and green candy melts + fun Christmas sprinkles
- Super Bowl – green and yellow candy melts + football themed sprinkles and toppers
- St. Patrick’s Day – green, gold and white candy melts + shamrock sprinkles
- 4th of July – red, blue and white candy melts + festive sprinkles
- Easter: pastel candy melts + flower wafers + crushed mini eggs
- Kids birthday: rainbow candy melts + funfetti sprinkles
Use different types of pretzels
This easy dessert can be made with any type of pretzel you can find at your local grocery store.
Experiment with different types like mini twists, x and o shapes, rods, snaps, rounds, Christmas shapes, cute heart shape and much more.
Use Creative Toppings
Get creative and use different toppings to really make these pretzel treats unique.
Crushed up conversation hearts, candy, chocolate and pink or red m&m candy would be a fun option too.
Last Minute Gifts
Whip up a batch for a fun last minute Valentine’s gift for friends and family.
Create an adorable treat bag using dollar store cellophane bags and pretty ribbon to create a cute gift.
These Valentine pretzel rods would also look adorable packaged in a mason jar or in a Valentine cookie tin.
How to Make Valentine Pretzel Treats
Step 1: Line your cookie or baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. Set aside.
Step 2: Microwave candy melts in a microwave safe bowl in 20 second intervals to get your candy ready for dipping.
Stir between each interval to equally distribute the heat and get the candy to melt smoothly.
It can take up to 1-2 minutes to get your candy melts melted correctly.
The total amount of time it take to melt the candy melts depends on the quantity of candy melts and the strength of your microwave.
It’s always best to heat your candy melts a little bit at a time to prevent scorching.
Step 3: Dip each pretzel in melted candy.
Gently let excess chocolate or candy drip off your pretzels before coating with decorative toppings.
Place pretzels on your baking sheet to set. If your candy isn’t setting you can pop your baking tray in refrigerator to allow the candy to harden and the toppings to set.
Pro Tip * If using chocolate instead of candy melts the best way to speed up the process is to pop your baking sheet in the refrigerator or freezer. It doesn’t take a long time so check on your pretzels after 25 or 30 minutes. If they need more time to set let them sit a tiny bit longer.
Storing Valentine Pretzel Treats
Store your Valentine Pretzel Treats in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag at room temperature.
These candy coated pretzel treats can last up to 14 days in an airtight container but we know they wont last that long.
Freezing Valentine Pretzel Treats
The great thing about these quick and easy Valentine pretzel treats is they can be made ahead of time and frozen until it’s time to eat them.
After the candy has hardened simply place them in an airtight container and seal well.
Pop them in the freezer where they will keep for up to 6 months.
These Valentine pretzel treats are an easy Valentine treat you can make for the family, your kiddos classmates, youth groups, bake sales, office potlucks, school lunches and Valentine’s day parties.
They’re both delicious and easy to make making them a great treat you can whip up at the last minute.
We hope these become favorite treats for Valentine’s day in your home too!
We’d love to see the finished product of your delicious treat if you do end up making these.
Happy Valentine’s Day! ❤️💘
- 12 oz bag of Pretzels
- 3 oz pink candy melts
- 3 oz red candy melts
- 3 oz white candy melts
- Toppings (sprinkles, edible wafers, jimmies, crushed candy)
- Melt each color of your candy melts separately in microwave safe bowls in 20 second increments. Stir in between. Remove when fully melted.
- Dip each pretzel in melted candy. Let excess candy drip off.
- Decorate with your favorite toppings and sprinkles. Place decorated pretzels on parchment paper lined baking sheet to set.
- Put your dipped and decorated Valentine pretzel treats in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes to let the candy harden and toppings set.
Amount Per Serving Calories 77Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 144mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 0gSugar 6gProtein 1g
Nutritional information is approximate.
More Fun Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Free printable Valentine’s Day Cards For Kids – Cute little gift idea! This free printable Play-Doh themed gift and Valentine card makes a neat classroom gift idea. (our most popular Valentine’s Day post right now)
- Race car Valentine card – sweet Valentine cards kids can make themselves
- Valentine scramble – a fun word puzzle game for kids to use problem solving to decode Valentine themed words
- Valentine’s Bingo – a free bundle of 24 adorable Valentine themed bingo cards perfect for classroom parties.
- Printable Valentine’s games – 9 free games perfect for Valentine’s day parties at home or at school
- I Spy Valentine Day – a fun Valentine’s themed game for kids of all ages. A great choice for home or classroom use.
- Valentine maze – a cute free printable heart maze perfect for classroom Valentine’s day parties.
- Valentines day word search – a sweet classic word search game created with a Valentine’s day theme. Great choice for classrooms or home use during the month of February.
- Valentine Treats For School Parties – the best quick and easy Valentine snacks you can send with your kiddo to school
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you freeze decorated Valentine Pretzel treats?
Yes you can freeze decorated pretzel treats.
In fact, popping pretzels in the freezer improves their texture making them even more crispy. I personally love eating these Valentine pretzel treats straight from the freezer.
Decorated Valentine pretzel treats freeze beautifully. So, don’t hesitate to make extra big batches of these fun treats and store them in the freezer.
To freeze simply place your decorated Valentine pretzel treats in an air tight container and pop them in the freezer. They will keep for up to 6 months.
To unfreeze simply pull them out of the freezer and let them come to room temperature. This will take probably 15 minutes.
Can I use chocolate instead of candy melts to dip Pretzel treats?
Yes you can. The assembly process is virtually identical.
The only difference is you may want to use a double boiler to properly melt your chocolate and prevent it from burning or scorching.
Once you’ve melted your chocolate, dip your pretzels in the chocolate letting the excess drip off in the bowl.
Decorate each pretzel with your favorite sprinkles and set on a baking sheet covered in wax paper to harden in the refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes.
How long will candy coated Valentine pretzel treats stay fresh?
If candy coated pretzel treats are stored in an airtight container they can stay fresh for up to 2 weeks on the counter at room temperature.
Make sure you are using a clean, dry container with a snug fitting lid that creates an air tight seal.