The holiday season is the perfect time to make this little reindeer craft with kids. Quick and easy to make this reindeer face craft is a fun way to boost holiday spirit in the weeks leading up to Christmas.
Easy Reindeer Craft For Kids
I’ve got a fun reindeer craft to share with you today and I couldn’t be more excited.
With Christmas right around the corner I wanted to share a cute reindeer craft that kids as young as 3 enjoy making. It’s a fun choice at school or at home during the holiday season.
So, I wanted to come up with another fun craft idea for Christmas to share with you guys this year.
Our simple reindeer craft is a fun activity you can do at home with the kids in anticipation of Christmas. It uses very simple craft supplies and is the perfect craft for kids of all ages including young children.
Continue reading to find out more information about this easy reindeer popsicle stick craft and get detailed step by step directions to make it yourself!
Here are the crafting supplies you need to make our easy reindeer popsicle stick craft.
All these crafting materials can be purchased at your local dollar store, craft shop or online via Amazon.
- free printable reindeer template (see bottom of post for download links)
- cardboard (brown paper or brown construction paper works fine too!)
- brown paint (we like to use this brown craft paint)
- paint brush
- googly eyes (or make your own paper eyes, use bottle caps or draw eyes with a marker)
- tissue or cotton balls (we used cotton but tissue works well too)
- red ribbon
- popsicle sticks
- glue (white glue or a glue stick)
- red cellophane wrap
How To Make Our Popsicle Stick Reindeer
Our simple reindeer crafts comes together in a few simple steps that are easy for even the youngest crafters with little hands.
This simple reindeer craft is so much fun to make and helps strengthen fine motor skills. It’s a great craft idea for a holiday party, classroom activity, during Christmas dinner or anytime during the holiday season.
Here are step by step instructions so you can make this reindeer craft too!
Print and cut the free reindeer template provided at the bottom of this post. Once cut, you should have a head, mouth and antlers.
Take the cut out pieces and trace them onto your piece of cardboard using a pencil. Cut out your 3 pieces. Set the mouth aside to use later.
Paint the reindeer’s head and antlers using brown craft paint. We recommend letting the pieces dry really well before moving on to the next step.
Assemble your red nosed reindeer by using a little glue to stick the reindeer’s antlers and mouth to your reindeer head.
Attach the googly eyes to your popsicle stick reindeer craft.
Use hot glue if regular glue isn’t sticky enough.
If you don’t have googly eyes you can make eyes using white paper, draw them with black marker or even upcycle bottle caps.
Make Rudolph’s red nose by crumpling a tissue paper or using a few pieces of cotton.
Cover with red cellophane wrap and attach it to your popsicle stick using a small piece of ribbon or elastic.
Push the cellophane nose through the nose hole on your paper reindeer craft.
Your reindeer nose should come out through the front of the craft making a bright red Rudolph nose.
Make a bow with your ribbon and attach it to Rudolph’s neck using some hot glue.
Or, wrap the ribbon around the popsicle stick and tie a bow. Both methods work well.
More Christmas Crafts & Fun Ideas For Kids
🎅 Christmas crafts for kids – a huge collection of the best holiday crafts for kids. From the best reindeer crafts to Santa crafts made with paper plates and pipe cleaners we rounded up the best ideas for kids who love crafting.
🎅 Christmas wreath template – a fun wreath template kids can make their own and decorate in honor of Christmas.
🎅 Holiday color by number – two free printable color by number pages including Santa’s sleigh with Santa Claus and his reindeer and an adorable Christmas tree.
🎅 Ugly Christmas Sweater ballots – free printable ballots you can use at a Christmas party
🎅 Paper Christmas tree – an easy peasy paper Christmas tree that kids love decorating with small red pom pom balls.
🎅I Spy Christmas – from a Santa hat to candy canes, kids love searching for the holiday themed items in the game box.
🎅Christmas bingo – a fun holiday game perfect for playing on Christmas eve that the whole family will enjoy.
🎅Christmas light bulb template – this free template is a great way to create DIY Christmas decoration and garlands
🎅Christmas trivia game – can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Or, sing all the lyrics to rudolph the Red-nosed reindeer? Download our free Christmas trivia and play to find out.
Before You Go
Before you go I just want to wish you a very happy holiday season.
I hope you plan to make this adorable reindeer craft with your kids.
And, if you’re a teacher I hope you have loads of fun making it in class with your students. We’d love to hear your educators’ spin on our craft!
Free printable Template
free reindeer template – pdf file
More Reindeer Crafts From Around The Web
Here are some more easy reindeer crafts we love from around the internet!
Each of these simple reindeer craft for kids are a fun and festive holiday activity for young children.
These fun and simple crafts are a fun way to build holiday spirit while working on fine motor skills.
- Pipe cleaner Reindeer craft – an adorable Christmas card reindeer craft from Kids Craft Room
- Paper plate reindeer craft – a fun little paper plate reindeer craft from Red Ted Art
- Handprint reindeer craft – great little keepsake reindeer handprint craft from Mum’s Creative Cupboard
- Reindeer Clothespin craft – an adorable reindeer made with clothespins from Simple Everyday Mom
- Candy Cane Reindeer – a quick and easy Reindeer craft for kids using candy canes from One Little Project
- Pine Cone Reindeer Ornaments – an easy nature reindeer craft kids will be proud to display on the Christmas tree from Fireflies & Mudpies
- Egg Carton Reindeer – egg cartons are transformed into adorable reindeers with this simple tutorial from Crafty Morning
- Reindeer Headband Craft – a neat headband reindeer kids LOVE to wear!
- Reindeer Yarns Ornament – festive reindeer ornament kids will proudly display on the tree This Mama Loves
- Popsicle Stick Reindeer Craft – sweet festive popsicle stick puppets from Artsy Craftsy Mom
- Reindeer Finger Puppets – interactive reindeer puppets that use your child’s hands and finger from Artsy Momma
- Reindeer Bottle Cap Ornaments – a great Christmas gift idea that kids can make themselves from Country Chic Cottage
- Granola Bar Covers – a neat little lunchbox craft kids can make themselves from A Night Owl Blog